Thursday, February 3, 2011

New in 2011

I was inspired by a bit of embroidery that I saw out on flickr and decided to make my own version of the design.



I've actually added a little French knot to her bow since I took the picture. I'm thinking that I'll make a little mini quilt using the embroidery as the centerpiece.

I made it into Doll Quilt Swap 10 on flickr and I'm so excited! I haven't settled on a design just yet. Many of the participants have finished theirs, so there is a lot of inspiration to look at over on flickr.

In addition to DQS10, I'm also in the Mini QT Swap, Scrappy Mug Rug Swap, and the Make Mine Modern Swap. I just sent out the December/January Mini QT Swap quilt, which had Take Flight theme. As soon as my partner indicates that she's received it, I'll post a little bit about that one. Next up for the Mini QT Swap is a 3-D theme. My daughter is convinced I'm a little crazy for participating in four swaps at once, but I'm confident that it will be a fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment