Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Am The Lorax

...and I speak for the trees. This is my latest mini quilt for the Mini QT Swap on flickr. The theme for this swap was 'books'. My partner, ruthiequilts, mentioned that she liked Dr. Seuss, so I selected The Lorax for her quilt. The individual pieces are fused onto the background fabric. The details are a combination of machine and hand stitching with a little bit of permanent pen.

Here's a close-up of the little guy himself. I just love this story. If you are unfamiliar with The Lorax (as Ruth was), check it out.


First published in 1971, the story is quite relevant for today. I've heard that there will be an animated film coming out in 2012. I still remember the film from when I was a kid in the 70s - I think the original will remain my favorite, as the animation mimics the illustrations from the book and the new film seems to consist of computer generated imagery.
Check out this previous post for the adorable quilt that I received from ruthiequilts. She chose If You Give a Pig a Pancake as the inspiration for the quilt she made for me. It is simply perfect! Thanks again Ruth!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Lorax! Wonderful details. You are a quilting queen. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete